AMSN Release Guide
- Update credits in README, in case someone is missing
- Update Changelog/TODO file (and maybe Wiki too)
- Update $version and $date variables at the beginning of "amsn" file.
- Inside configure.ac, update APPSTABLE from no to yes.
- Make sure the binaries for TkCximage? and Webcamsn, for Windows (DLL) and Mac OS X (.dylib) are updated
- Commit all this changes to CVS
- Add a tag on CVS for this stable version (like "Release-0_9x")
- Do a: cvs export msn to have a clean copy of the CVS (without CVS/ folders or extra files)
- Do a: cvs export amsn-extras to get some additional skins
- Add shipped skins (at the moment, default one, and Tux) from amsn-extras to skins/.
- Test everything runs fine
- Tar-gzip the msn/ folder, removing any unnecessary extras. (Shouldn't be any). As some kind of "standard" in the gnu world, if the tar.gz is amsn-0.93.tar.gz, the folder inside must be called amsn-0.93.
- Upload file to ftp://upload.sourceforge.net/incoming (user: anonymous)
- Add a new file release in the SourceForge File Release System
- Edit Downloads using AdminDownloads module in our web page to update download links, and add a piece of news.
- Edit "amsn_latest" file in htdocs/ to update version for automatic version checking feature
- Update plugins in AdminPlugins
- Add some news to SF news, freshmeat, slashdot, The Times...
- Ask packagers to create amsn packages:
Thomas Martinsen <tech at tnet.no>
Slackware 10.2 package
<gagnonje5000 at mac.com>
Mac OS X package
Dries Verachtert (Dries' yum repo: http://dries.studentenweb.org/rpm/)
Fedora Core Package
Taj Morton <email@example.com>
Linux installer, by bitrock:
Daniel Lopez <daniel at bitrock.com>
Windows installer, by badlop:
Badlop <badlop at ono.com>
Debian package, official Debian Sid packager:
Søren Boll Overgaard <bilbo at debian.org>
Jasper <jasper at schoolzuigt.nl>
Guillermo Ballester Valor <gbv at oxixares.com>
Windows installer, by bitrock:
PPC Installer, by bitrock:
Karol Krizka <kkrizka at gmail.com>
from Philousophe for packaging